STARTING A MEN’S SHED
The USMSA is committed to supporting Men’s Sheds across the USA. There are a number of ways we can provide support to individuals and groups starting a shed. We also support existing Sheds, helping them to stay safe and sustainable for years to come.
The level of support varies depending on whether or not you are registered with USMSA.
All Sheds and prospective Shedders get the following support from us:
- Help to find existing Sheds in your area.
- Advice and guidance on starting a Shed, by phone and email.
- Access to our Starting a Men’s Shed guide .
- Your Shed (open or in development) on our map to attract members and support.
USMSA Registered Sheds get the following additional support from us:
- Advice and guidance by phone and email, as well as possible support from a volunteer Ambassador if available in your area.
- Support on various subjects, including fundraising and keeping your Shed sustainable.
- Help with promoting your Shed to attract members and support.
- Invitation to regular Shed Leader ZOOM meetings.
Why register with US Men’s Shed Association
- Your Shed gains credibility by being part of a national/international organization that overall has a 30- year track record.
- USMSA will provide start up and ongoing guidance.
- Use of our intellectual property
- Access to preferred providers
- Access to our Newsletter
- Attendance at Shed leader conferences.
- Recognition/visibility on our web site – including geolocation on our website map.
- Assistance with development of social media content
- Ability to utilize USMSA’s 501(c)3 tax advantages for donations.
US MEN’S SHED is a nation wide, non-profit committed to creating social events, hands-on-projects and support opportunities for older men. Find a Men’s Shed near you!